Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TLA Conference Roundup

It has been quiet around here on Oops, that's because us lucky Texas librarians got to go to Houston for this year's Texas Library Conference. And I for one, am still sort of recovering.

The panels and speakers were really great this year. Walter Dean Myers never disappoints, neither does Justine Larbalestier (and believe me everyone was salivating over the arcs of her new book Liar and from what i've heard back from those lucky enough to get one is that it is pretty spectacular) or Scott Westerfeld (arcs were sadly missing of Leviathan although some of us were lucky enough to get a sneak peak at the art - which was awesome). And you know who else doesn't disappoint? Gloria Steinem. Nope. She certainly doesn't. She is simply amazing. I think that was the highlight of the conference for me. She spoke for around an hour and it was far too short.

It was a great conference. Would have been better if I hadn't had the flu the entire time, but there you have it. Life likes to mix it up for you!

I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments: