Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Michelle's Favorite Books of 2007








Adult Books:

Testament v. 2
Laika
Fables v. 9
Y the Last Man v. 9
Silver Master by Jayne Castle

YA Books:

Revolution is Not a Dinner Party
The Wednesday Wars
The Wizard Heir
Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Cracker! The Best Dog in Vietnam
Epic
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Princess and the Hound
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Beastly

Other stuff I read this year and loved even though it was published earlier:
The Penderwicks
The Book Thief
Life as We Knew It
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
King Dork
Sold
Dairy Queen
Airborn
Breathe: A Ghost Story
The Ranger’s Apprentice

5 comments:

Patti said...

I couldn't read Laika. I wanted to, but the thought of sending off a dog into space made me too sad. I kept thinking about my own doggies and how scared they'd be.

Michelle said...

It was incredibly sad. :( And pointless. But a good history lesson and a good story.

joanna said...

And this is where I feel cold-hearted because I thought Laika was just okay. Nothing really special. Michelle - I loved that you put in Fables and Y: the Last Man!

deban said...

hehehe our lists are going to look similar!

CindaChima said...

I love those Texas librarians!!
Do you know I'm practically living in Texas this spring? I'm coming to Austin March 28, to the TLA meeting in April, and the Dallas-Ft. Worth area twice in May.

Thanks for mentioning my book on the Best of list!
Cinda Williams Chima
www.cindachima.com
The Dragon Heir - coming September 2008