Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2008 Books We Can't Wait to Read

Here's our start to what we are looking forward to in 2008. I was inspired by all of the blogs I read and then some. The books below aren't all my picks and the list is woefully incomplete. I hope some of my teammates chip in with theirs. We'll also have to see what folks mailed back from ALA. (How girly is this list? *sigh*) Still, a sad lack of GNs I think. I know they're out there... First Second has to have something amazingly cool coming out.


New Stuff from Favorites:
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (I already blogged this, but I'm anxious to see what others will think.)
Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen
Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
How to Be Bad by E. Lockhart , Sarah Mlynowski and Lauren Myracle
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Hurricane Song by Paul Volponi
Love & Lies: Marisol's Story by Ellen Wittlinger
Andromeda Klein by Frank Portman
Ever by Gail Carson Levine (she talked about this at the Texas Book Fest in November.)
The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson















Patti suggested a YNF!!

Out of Line: Growing up Soviet by Tina Grimberg





















The GNs:
Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci & Jim Rugg
Jellaby by Kean Soo

Extra Crunchy Specials:
Jumpy Jack & Googily by Meg Rosoff & Sophie Blackall (Illustrator) - Just looking at this makes me so happy!








Also, Frankenstein Takes the Cake by Adam Rex - both Frakenstein Makes a Sandwich and PSSST! are my son's favorites. Can't wait to see this one.










The X-Files:
Justine Larbalestier's book about the [parking] faeries! Maybe not until '09, but we can hope.

3 comments:

Patti said...

I think you covered it. I am mildly obsessed with life behind the iron curtain, so i'm really looking forward to that Growing Up Soviet book. And i'm almost convulsing with wanting to read Frank Portman's new book.

Anonymous said...

Joanna, My parking fairy book will be out in September 2008. So not that long a wait at all. I hope you like it!

Justine

joanna said...

*swoon!*
Hooray! Thanks for the message, Justine.