Monday, December 6, 2010

I Can Die Now...But Not Before I get to Read it

So when I reviewed Ship Breaker way back when, the last thing I said was that I would love to know more about Tool.

Well, Mr. Bacigalupi must have been listening. From A Chair, A Fireplace, and a Teacozy:

Liz B: What are you working on now? And if it’s not a sequel to SHIP BREAKER, can we hope for a sequel? What if I promise you chocolate for a sequel?

Paolo: LOL. Well, it depends what kind of chocolate we’re talking about. In all seriousness, it’s more of a companion novel rather than a sequel. It’s set in the same world, but Tool is the only character who overlaps, and the thematic focus is very different. The story is set in a place called the Drowned Cities, and focuses on a sister and brother pair who have been orphaned by war. At least, that’s what I think it’s about. We’ll see if it’s still about that when I reach the end.


Looking forward to it!

No comments: