Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jenn's Best of 2011

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. It's been a strange year...

My final count for 2011 was 330, much lower than last year. Also, this is the first year I recorded picture books, so the total read skews toward children's books. Lots of end of series books this year. I hope some good new series come to take their places!

Adult: 7
YA: 67
Children's: 141
Comics: 39
Manga/manhwa: 79

Favorites:

Adult
11/22/63 by Steven King (haven't techinally finished yet)

YA
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
Real Live Boyfriends by E. Lockhart
Leverage by Joshua Cohen
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Shine by Lauren Myracle
Everybody Sees the Ants by A. S. King
Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Children's Chapter Books
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
Cheshire Cheese Cat by Carmen Agra Deedy
The Great Wall of Lucy Wu by Wendy Wan-Long Shang

Picture Books
Last Song by Eric Rohmann
Owly and Wormy: Friends All Aflutter! by Andy Runton
Press Here by Herve Tullet
A Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka
The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara
I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
Where's Walrus? by Stephen Savage

Non-Fiction
F in Exams by Richard Benson
Amelia Lost by Candace Fleming
A Nation's Hope by Matt de la Pena


Comics/Manga

Wandering Son by Takako Shimura

Level Up by Gene Luen Yang

Fullmetal Alchemist 25-27 by Hiromu Arakawa

Ouran High School Host Club 16 by Bisco Hatori

Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge

Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgal


Best books to movies 2011:

Hugo

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (loosely based but good)

Winnie the Pooh

The Smurfs

(there were more I didn't get to see, but have heard are good)


Like Patti, I spent a lot of time watching TV this year, and my favorites were House MD, Sherlock (BBC), Big Bang Theory, and Carnivale.




2 comments:

joanna said...

Another great list! Congratulations on 300+ books - not so much that you read, but that you kept stats! Record keeping is where I failed this year so I am making a resolution to keep better records. I'll have mine up this week seeing that I have to figure out what all I read in 2011.

sparkleplenty said...

Oh I loved Wandering Son!! I have been stewing since it's in the Adult collection and I think everyone needs to read it!!