Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mock Printz Winners

Well, friends, despite the fact I didn't blog about the rest of the Mock Printz books I did read them. And I got together with a big group of lovely ladies to discuss them. Here are the results:

Winner:
The Fault in our Stars - John Green

Honors:
The Brides of Rollrock Island -  Margo Lanagan
Code Name Verity -  Elizabeth E. Wein

The Fault in our Stars was the runaway favorite (no surprises there right?). I was in favor of Brides, but I was in a clear minority. And it is hard to begrudge The Fault in our Stars. It was an excellent book.

I can't wait to see what the real committee chooses. There is a lot of buzz/librarian investment for all three of these titles and if they pull something out of left field there will be riots. I kind of can't help but want a riot...but do I want a riot more than i want Brides to win? Oh man, it is hard to say!

No comments: