Sunday, July 1, 2007

EPIC - Conor Kostick

This is the book I've been waiting for all year; the book that wouldn't let me put it down.

Erik lives on a planet called New Earth. On New Earth everything (and by everything I mean the government, the economy, the education system) on the planet is determined by the computer fantany role playing game called EPIC. Everyone from the very old to the very young plays EPIC and the world's leaders are comprised of the very best players. On New Earth, the game is reality.

The need for resources and the need to save his family pushes Erik to try to play the game a different way, a way that may enable him to battle the Central Allocations council for the right to a better world.

This book is filled with non-stop science fiction and fantasy adventure! And layered underneath all of the excitement are thought provoking questions about violence, classes, work, and most of all game-playing. I would recommend this book to anyone who ever even thought about playing WoW or Runescape. A sure winner!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

P.S. Patti- can I please have a copy for my branch?!?!?!?

Patti said...

LOL! I ordered some. I can't remember who got them. We're almost out of money, but send me an email on our city accounts and i will if your branch has enough money left.

Patti said...

And by the way, I'm now dying to read this. Can i borrow?

Michelle said...

There are 4 copies in the system, but I plan on pushing this so much if we have any $$ left, I need it. I've checked out Yarborough's copy and I'll bring it to you tomorrow!

Patti said...

I'm really enjoying this. Just wanted to let you know! I especially like the game and how rich in detail it is. And of course, I love corrupt elites...you know so I can watch them fall. It hasn't happened yet, but I'll be totally pissed if it doesn't.