Thursday, January 1, 2009

Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

Honestly, I don't even know how I ended picking this one up. I must have read something good about it, because somehow, without me having any memory of it I requested it. Even though it is a crime thriller about serial killers and the fact that serial killers give me a major case of the heebie jeebies.

That said, however, I really liked it.

I thought the suspense was fabulous. I had no idea who the guilty party was until the author revealed it. And then it was obvious that the author had dropped hints and clues throughout the book leading to the inevitable conclusion.

I really liked the hero, who was a badly damaged (mentally and physically) detective with an addiction the size of Texas to a variety of prescription drugs. He wasn't an anti-hero by any means, but certainly wasn't a knight in shining armor either.

And I've already reserved the sequel. I can't wait.

No comments: