Monday, January 21, 2013

One Week to Go ... ALA Youth Media Awards

Here we are in the final week before the ALA YMA on Monday. If you haven't already added it to your calendear, here's the link to the live stream. The ceremony takes place at ALA Mid-Winter in Seattle so it will be a late morning watch for me. I'm sure you all on the west coast appreciate not having to get up in the middle of the night. Last year I chatted with Patti, watched the video, and followed Twitter & Facebook at the same time. What will happen this year? A total unknown for the Newbery? Will the Schneider Committee find a book that's worthy this year?  I just love the awards. Golden Globes has nothing on it.

Patti and I are going to have our yearly chat which is now it its 4th year! See 2010, 2011, and 2012 for our past YMA posts.

1 comment:

Madigan Mirza said...

"Golden Globes has nothing on it."

How true! I often tell people, "This is like the Oscars, but for librarians."