Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jenn H.'s Year End Favorites















I kept track this year, and except for a few misses (always possible) I have read 244books this year. 125 of those were GNs, so depends on how you are counting....

Here are my favorites, pretty much in the order I read them:

1. Extras by Scott Westerfeld
2. Amulet: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi
3. Jellaby by Kean Soo
4. Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
5. Click by Youngran Lee
6. Generation Dead by Don Waters
7. Paper Towns by John Green
8. The Latent Powers of Dylan Fontaine by April Lurie
9. How to Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle
10. Tekkon Kinkreet by Taiyo Matsumoto
11. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
12. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
13. My Dead Girlfriend by Eric Wight
14. The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
15. Bliss by Lauren Myracle
16. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
17. Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
18. Cycler by Lauren McLaughlin
19. Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale
20. The Compound by S. A. Bodeen
21. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle

If I have to pick just 3 YA: Bliss, Cycler, and Let It Snow
3 GNs: Rapunzel's Revenge, Tekkon Kinkreet, and Click

What I didn't get to read, but want to: How to Ditch Your Fairy, Identical, Knife of Never Letting Go, Pretty Monsters, What I Saw and How I Lied, Unnamables, The Graveyard Book, Little Brother

Looks like it will be on next year's list: North of Beautiful and Tales from Outer Suburbia

2 comments:

Patti said...

I just finished reading "Let It Snow" and liked it too.

Great list!

joanna said...

I have Graceling checked out and the Knife of Never Letting Go on hold. It will be a miracle if I get to read them both by the end of the month. And Let It Snow is on my desk, too. We just got that one in.