Sunday, March 23, 2008

Horton Hears a Who movie


Okay, I know it's not YA, but I just watched this movie and it was so much fun!


I was a bit worried, seeing how the more recent Seuss remakes (Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas) weren't much fun, but I was happily surprised. Casting was perfect, especially Caroll Burnett. Although, little Katie was a bit creepy. And while it follows the book, this version is not afraid to elaborate a bit.


My favorite things about this movie were the allusions to other Seuss works throughout, the little emo son, and the anime/kung fu episode. I completely cracked up during the eighties music singalong!


If you need a laugh and love Seuss books, GO and see this movie. I am so showing it at the branch when it comes out on DVD.

2 comments:

joanna said...

We saw this today and really liked it. Jim Carey did get a little obnoxious, but not as bad as he could have been.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who is classic, i forgot how much that guy packed into such simple storylines... they didn't add much to the original story either except for the usual Jim-Carryisms.